Call for posters! The California Natural Resources Agency invites researchers, local governments, private sector stakeholders, and other groups working to support climate resilience to submit abstracts for posters for the California Climate Change Symposium 2015. Posters should present current scientific research projects or implementation of strategies to promote climate resilience. A dedicated poster session will offer an excellent opportunity for networking concurrent with a reception and no-host bar. Additionally, posters will be on display throughout the symposium.
Examples of potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- New scientific findings related to regional climate change science and resilience
- Private sector adaptation efforts
- Environmental justice and climate change
- Climate partnerships between scientists, community-led groups, and/or local government
- Regional and local climate change activities
Funding and implementation of adaptation measures
- Economics of climate change policies
- Brief and clearly organized
- Simple, with an obvious theme
- Easy to read from 4 to 6 feet away
- Illustrations, labels, etc., must be attached to the poster board with thumbtacks, which will be available in the poster area
- Do not write on the poster boards
- Please leave space in the top portion for a title sign
Poster Set-up and Removal:
- Set-up on Monday, August 24, 2015
- Remove on Tuesday, August 25, 2015 by 5 p.m.
To submit a poster, you must be registered for the symposium. please e-mail the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 PM on August 7, 2015:
- A proposed title for your poster
- A brief summary/abstract of the project that will be presented in your poster (one page maximum)
- Your name, e-mail address, and current phone number
You will be notified by e-mail regarding acceptance no later than August 14, and provided further instructions about poster dimensions at that time.